Orienteering (as a sport) is a race where competitors navigate against the clock from point to point using a map and compass.
For older Scouts looking for a more challenging event, we can run a timed race over a longer course.
We will provide instruction on orienteering map and compass use before Scouts are let loose on the course.
- Date: Sunday, Dec. 11, 2016
- Time: 8:15 am at the Foster City Library , we will leave at 8:30 am
- Location: Bedwell Bayfront Park (in Menlo Park, off Marsh Rd)
- What to Bring: Completed Activity Consent Form, Snack, and 10 Essentials, including a compass (best type for orienteering is a baseplate compass with rotating housing).
- Return Time: We will aim to return to the Foster City Library at 1:00 pm
- Event Leader: Mr. Dickinson
- Scout Leader: Jacob Ningen
PLEASE RSVP ON TEAMSNAP WEBSITE