|Date:||Sat, Oct 14, 2017|
|Location:||Cutter Scout Reservation|
|Location Details:||Pioneer Outpost|
Our annual ‘Introduction to Backpacking’ overnight is a short (~5 miles total) one night camp for Scouts and adults new to backpacking.
Meet at 8am at FC Library on Saturday October 14.
Travel to Cutter Scout Reservation, parking at Harkson Lodge
Hike to Pioneer Outpost.
We should be able to have a campfire on Saturday night.
We’ll have lunch at In-n-Out on the way back to the Library. Expect to be back at library ~1pm
1. Full backpacking kit as listed in the packing list in the TeamSnap media folder (right hand column).
NOTE that the troop has backpacks and I have some gear I could loan out including tents for adults.
PACK CHECK WILL BE AT 6.45pm ON 10/11 (before troop meeting for all attendees; SCOUTS AND ADULTS.
2. Meals (to be planned and provided by patrol): Saturday lunch (trail lunch), Saturday Dinner, Sunday Breakfast, Trail snacks.
3. Fuel to be brought by patrol
4. Troop will provide Scouts’ tents, stoves, water treatment gear.
5. Bring small amount of cash for In-n-Out.
Any questions, please let me know.
Scoutmaster, Troop 175