Here’s a great opportunity to work on Nature related merit badges:
Bring the family for tree planting, creek clean up, guided nature hikes, belt loop and merit badge activities and more at Boulder Creek Scout Reservation.
Date: Sat, Mar 1, 2014
Time: 9am – 3pm
Location: Boulder Creek Scout Reservation
Cost: No cost
Please bring: Sack lunch, gloves and your enthusiasm!
RSVP: Please call Ranger Sonny at (830) 338-3636 to RSVP and for more info.
- Tree Planting – Learn how to correctly plant trees in the forest.
- lnvasive Plant Removal – Learn about invasive plants and help remove them.
- Creek Cleanup – clean up some of the tributaries in camp (bring waterproof boots if you wish to participate).
- Controlled Burn Pile – (If it is a burn day).
- Guided Nature Hikes – Learn about some of the native plants of the Pacific Coast Redwood region.
- Cub Scout Belt Loop and Boy Scout Merit Badge nature activities.
- Learn about “Leave No Trace” camping.
- Overnight Camping Available (Please call for reservations 650-341-5633, ask for Tim).
This event will take place rain or shine. Please dress accordingly.
Date: Friday March 14 (4pm at the Library) to Sunday March 16 (mid/late afternoon drop off at home).
Distance: 15-20 miles over the course of the weekend.
Duration: 2 nights camping (Friday and Saturday).
Location: Henry Coe (but different from last time)
Our Fall Backpacking weekend was really enjoyable and I’m organizing another backpacking trip for the weekend of March 14-16.
I think we should spend a little more time on lightweight backpacking skills and also on the trail menu. We had some awesome meals on the last trip and I think we can do even better this time.
Advancement Opportunities: Camping MB, Backpacking MB, Cooking MB, Various rank advancements…
Please let me know this week if you’re interested in going.
Remember 200 miles by end of August = GoPro Camera!
Event Leader: Mr. Dickinson
WENTE Summer Camp 2014:
Time to Start Planning!
It is time to start planning for Summer Camp. This year, we will again be attending Wente Scout Reservation during the 2nd week of July, Sun 7/6 to Sat 7/12. Wente is a great opportunity to get away from home for a while and reconnect with nature. There is swimming, boating, hiking, mtn biking, archery, marksmanship, and many more activities. You can work on fundamental scout skills from first aid to woodworking to knots. And summer camp is traditionally where most boys earn many of their merit badges for advancement.
The fee for this year is $385 per boy. An initial deposit of $150 per scout is needed by January 15th. Please bring a check to the meeting on the 8th or the 15th if you are planning to attend Wente this year.
P.S. We hope that every boy in the troop will be able to attend Wente. If the fee presents a hardship, please feel free to speak privately to me, Mr Breen, or Mrs Richardson Teer.